Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm sure this dream meant something

Had a dream last night. In fact, I think I had alot of dreams last night. My DD slept with me as she's been sick and she kicked and shoved me all night long so my sleep was disrupted often. The only dream I really remember a snippet of is one that clearly means something.

I was up in an attic and was looking for my blue suitcase full of my old Barbie stuff. (This is/was something that exists in real life....I had packed my old Barbie things into a blue suitcase and it was in the attic) There was a woman and a young girl waiting for me to find this stuff. I was rummaging around wondering where it had gone and I kept saying "I can't believe she (meaning my mother) threw it all away. I can't believe she threw it away. All my best dresses. The Scarlett O'Hara dress. The Breakfast at Tiffany's dress. I can't believe she threw it all away."

An attic is obvious. It's clearly representative of old stuff. And the fact that I'm seeking something that my mother threw away. Something of value. I guess it's suggesting that she threw away (ie:disregarded) my experiences and what was important to me. And that I'm looking to get it back. The woman and the young girl waiting for me to find what I wanted in the attic......I imagine it's me and, well....me. Current me and inner child me.

2 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I used to listen to a dream therapist on the radio years ago, she always said what a dream meant was what you thought it meant. If that's the case, then you are dead on. Way to go.

Now the next question she would ask, is what are you going to do with that information.

Enola said...

You know my experience with childhood things disappearing. I think your interpretation is right on. Like RR said, the real question is what to do with the info.

(hope your daughter is better)