Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Advice

I posted a comment yesterday on a blog that I frequent. I reminded this Blogger, despite how it feels in the moment, to have faith that we are always where we need to be in our journey. That even though it doesn't feel the way we wanted it to, or hoped it would, that every step in the path has a purpose.
~
Hours later, as I had my 10 minutes of alone time on my drive to daycare, I realized that I need to listen to my own advice when it comes to this Daddy situation with my daughter. I don't need to worry about what she does or doesn't have. I give her all that *I* have. And this is where she and I are meant to be right now. And you know what? I feel a sense of peace about that. All my anxiety seems to be stemming from some pre-conceived expectations of what her life would be & should be like or some made up "requirements" for her to be a happy, healthy child.
~
My baby IS happy. She IS healthy. She has everything she needs. She has a roof over her head, a warm bed to sleep in, nourishment and stimulation. She has a great school and friends. She has people in her life who believe in her and support her. She is safe, cherished and loved beyond measure. What more does any child need??

2 comments:

Enola said...

Don't forget that she has a wonderful mother who is her fierce protector, who loves her beyond words and who is doing her absolute best to care for her daughter.

Tamara (TC) Staples said...

I wish I had a mother like you! I really do.

Hugs,
Tamara