Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Did you hear this news story?

Letter to Santa leads to man's molestation arrest


PHARR, Texas – A Texas man has been arrested after a 9-year-old girl wrote to Santa Claus asking that a relative stop touching her and her sister.
The Monitor of McAllen reports that a man from the town of Pharr was arrested Friday and is in the Hidalgo County jail.
A criminal complaint says the girl turned the letter in at Cesar Chavez Elementary School. Authorities interviewed the girl after a school counselor reported the letter.
The complaint says investigators believe the molestation occurred over a period of four years.
The man is charged with continuous sexual abuse of a young child and could face as many as 99 years in prison if convicted.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I recently posted about an essay I wrote in 6th grade that should have sparked involvement by the school and/or authorities but it went by without acknowledgment. I am SO thankful that the counselor in this girls school did the right thing. And 99 years sounds just about right for his incarceration.

3 comments:

jumpinginpuddles said...

we also showed all the signs of abuse and behaviour to match alas by the tiem they got it figured out and we were removed from home fifteen years had elapsed and we were barely breathing

Enola said...

So glad the story has a good ending and that the abuse will stop.

My abuser was turned into authorities when my sister casually mentioned that he liked to sit around naked and fondle himself. We didn't know that wasn't normal.

Angel said...

I'm not sure where my response went--blogger must have been hungry.

I saw this story today. I'm glad that the girls got an early Christmas gift that they really want. I hope that they are given the gift of a responsible parent who ensures that the perp never has access to the girls again.