Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting to Know You: Christmas Edition

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your blogging friends. I'm not going to tag anyone specific but consider yourself tagged if you feel like posting something frivilous and fluffy!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper for probably 90%. Bags for weird shaped stuff.
2. Real tree or fake: Fake because of Bianca's allergies & asthma. But I do love the real ones.
3. When do you put up the tree? First weekend in December, usually.
4. When do you take the tree down? Weekend after New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? Eh. I like the taste but the texture, not so much.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Horse back riding lessons
7. Hardest person to buy for? I don't buy for enough people to have anyone fall into this category.
8. Christmas eve midnight mass/service or Christmas Day: Neither, at this point.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? "Have"? Yes. Have set up? No.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, always.
11. Worst Christmas gift ever received? The gift itself was something I wanted but my father made it the worst gift by a comment he made. It was a book called "An Incomplete Education" My father, referring to my sporadic college attendence, scoffed "You already HAVE one of those....I DON'T know why you need another." I threw the book away.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Tough one.....probably the remake of Miracle on 34th Street.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Summer. I pick up things whenever I see something good.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yup.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hmmm....I guess all the cookies my Mom and I bake.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas is my fave song to hear. O Holy Night is my fave song to sing.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas day? Christmas Day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Not enough hours in the days
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a "family" tree....totally random collection of ornaments given to us every Christmas. Something representative of that year. Wouldn't change it for the world.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I don't have a specific favorite but I do usually make some sort of pork. Last year was Cranberry Balsamic Pork tenderloin.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To see the sheer joy, excitement and wonder in my daughter's face.