Friday, October 4, 2013

Ready or Not

Holy Crap.  So I have some tentative plans that will put me in the vicinity of B's father next weekend.  I've been sitting on this for a while.  Should I ask him to get together?  He texted me this morning just a general check in greeting and I ended up asking him.  I've been thinking about it for a week & finally put it out there with trepidation.  His reply? "Sure, let me know when you are around"

Wait.  What??  Did he just say "yes"??  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  Am I ready for this?  I am not sure yet but I still felt okay with asking him.  I wanted to put it out there and let him think about it.  I thought, honestly, that would be his response.....that he needed to think about it.  But not a hesitation from him.  Just a Sure.  I told him it was tentative on my end which it really is but, I figured, that gives me an out of I decide I'm not up for it.  Even if I'm there, I can say we didn't end up going. 


No comments: