Tuesday, February 19, 2008

General Update & Dream

Actually, I will start with the dream because it's probably more interesting than the update, LOL!! This was a few nights ago and I don't remember all of it. Here is what I do recall:

I was at home. "Home" was my house, in structural layout, but it was decorated much differently, very stark white and lots of mirrors. Also, my brother was there with me but I was trying to stay away from him. And, although they were not present in the dream, my mother and father lived there also. It was raining and the house began to flood. Rain was pouring in everywhere, running down the walls and pooling on the floors. I was trying to make phone calls to get help but not able to reach anyone. My brother was sitting in a corner, playing computer games and eating snacks but calling out instructions like "Call the management company. Call Mom." I tried to call my mother but she was out getting new suits for my father. I remember as I was trying to call her, I was standing in the kitchen, my kitchen as it is now, but it was very dark, no lights on. When I realized she was out getting new suits for my father, I went to the hall closet and pulled out his suits which I knew to already be his new suits. They looked so tiny and I was wondering how these could possibly fit my father. This is really all I remember except for an overall feeling of panic; being expected to fix everything that was going wrong with no one's help.

So....some of that is very clear. Reaching out for help, no one responding, feeling like it was all on me to fix the problems. I had to look up the significance of the water, flooding. Here is what my dream dictionary said:
Flood To see a flood represents emotional issues and tension. Your repressed emotions are overwhelming you. Consider where the flood is for indications of where in your waking life may a situation be the source of stress and tension. (I don't like this part....I hope my home is not the source of my stress! In this case I will assume my "home" is actually my family.)
Water symbolizes your unconscious and your emotional state of mind. Water is the living essence of the psyche and the flow of life energy. It is also symbolic of spirituality, knowledge, healing and refreshment. To dream that water is rising up in your house, signifies your struggles and overwhelming emotions. This kindof strikes me because I don't feel like I'm struggling with overwhelming emotions right now. But, you know, as I ponder that....I suppose I am. But I'm so used to operating like this, I mistake it for "normal"
Mirror To see your own reflection in the mirror, suggests that you are pondering thoughts about your inner self. You may be contemplating on strengthening and changing aspects of your character. It may also indicate that you are coming face to face with some inner issue. What you see is related to your persona and unconscious. Seeing images through the mirror may be a safe way for you to consider and/or confront material from your unconscious. Mirrors symbolize the imagination and a link between the conscious and unconscious. I wasn't actually looking in any of the mirrors. I was just surrounded by them. Perhaps, considering that last sentence in the interpretation, it's just a reminder that I'm pulling out of my fog and coming into a place of reality?

As for the general update: not much to report, really. Work is incredibly busy and stressful. DD is sick again. My contractor is slowly getting more work done on my place (finally!). I pulled a muscle in my forearm and it hurts like a son-of-a-b!#@&!! I can hardly pick up my coffee or sign my name. I've done alot of work on my home business and hoping to make some money this month!

I'm going to be scarce this week as I really, really need to focus on work while I'm here. Hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to catching up on all your blogs soon.

1 comment:

Enola said...

I hope your arm, and DD, feel better soon.