Sunday, March 2, 2008

A really good weekend

Yay! I really needed it. Usually we go grocery shopping on Friday after work but there was a snowstorm on the way so we went straight home. I actually went to bed the same time as DD and we both slept for 10 HOURS!! We obviously were both in need of the extra rest. It felt great. We had a pretty low key morning and then went to a birthday party at Build-A-Bear. It was fun. Went shopping after that and then home.

DD woke up in the middle of the night for some reason and said she wanted to come to bed with me. I was a little nervous about this since last time she asked to come to my bed, she puked all over it!! But it's just her infection that's making her really uncomfortable and she wanted some snuggles. She was giddy when I said yes. She was stuck to me like glue and every time I shifted, she tried to get even closer! She woke me up at 4:30am by poking me in the cheek and saying "You're pretty!" Awww. It was adorable.

We got up fairly early for a playdate with her daycare friend. Met at a children's museum and had a really fun day. The two girls are just too stinkin' cute together and I love to watch them interact. I also really enjoy her friends Mom; she's so nice and we get along well. So it was just an entirely enjoyable day. DD was asleep in the car 2 minutes out of the parking lot. I found a drive-thru Starbucks (thank the Lord for small favors....) and savored my latte on a quiet drive home.

I did alot of work when we got home and, while not so enjoyable, at least I feel a sense of accomplishment. Back to the grind tomorrow. But feeling good tonight.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Aw, what a sweetie she can be when she isn't sick and miserable. I'm glad you guys had a good weekend, you both needed it.